[ic] Parsing of order profiles

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 04:44:01 2001

Tobias Henle <t.henle@thiesen.com> writes:

> Hi List
> i have an interesting problem with the parsing of my orderfile. I call a
> Usertag from &perl and set some Scratch variables in it!
>
> eg.
> ** my tag **
> UserTag bla Routine sub { $Scratch->{"test"}="Hallo Welt" }
>
> ** my profiles.order
> [..]
> &perl $Tag->bla()
> blub=required [scratch test]
> [..]
>
> now in the checkout page the errormessage for blub is empty becourse IC
> - i think - parse the IC-Tags first and the &perl last, is there any
> possible workaround (i try to resolve this problem since 3hours and
> couldn`t find any) am i lame or what?

This is impossible to solve within the order profile because of the
parse order. There are several possible
workarounds. It depends how you output the error message.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices