[ic] How do I handle a "checksum" like field?

Jay Flaherty interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Nov 4 13:20:01 2001

Hello everyone;
I have added a field to the checkout page (CD key) that requires a checksum
run against it to check for a valid CD key and if it passes the checksum,
return an unlock code. I have successfully created a UserTag that does this
and returns the unlock code back to the user via the receipt.html page as
well as via email and finally adds it to the database once the credit card
is validated and charged. My problem is how to handle a CD key entered in
the CD key field that does not pass the checksum. I would like it to work
the same way an invalid credit card does not pass the CC checksum, i.e.
reload the checkout page with the error message "Invalid CD Key. Please try
again" prominently displayed in red above the CD key field. I have poured
over all the IC files and can't figure out how the checksum on the CC works.
Actually, I can't figure out exactly how the whole checkout process works
though I have sucessfully implemented it via PGP email and Authorizenet :-)
 I would appreciate anyone who can point me in the right direction or give
me some example code.

Thanks for your time...jay
Jay Flaherty
Mediapulse, Inc.