[ic] MySQL errors on install

Götz Verdieck interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Nov 4 13:37:00 2001

> Hello.  I recently did a new install of Interchange
> 4.8.2.  Everything works fine except for the MYSQL
> section.  When it tried to create a MYSQL database it
> failed.
>
> I currently have a host with cpanel where the mysql
> username is username and the database name is
> username_databasename.
>
> I would like to be able to create the mysql database
> myself in cpanel, while having it automatically setup
> the tables for me.  I entered in username_database
> name in the DBI section thinking that would be all I
> needed.  In the DBI section I put
> dbi:mysql:username_databasename and in the place where
> it asked for options for creation, I left it blank.
> When it tried to create the database I got the
> following:  create database failed, error access
> denied for user@localhost to database catalog
>
> How would I go about fixing this?  Thanks..

Hi Adam,

I think we have the same ISP (hostroute) and the same problems.
Did you selected the Mysql option in the Admininterface
( Administration->Preferences->Database->Mysql set to 1) ?

You can also set these values in the variable.txt file.
I really don't know if that¹s the whole story.
One problem is that we can not restart the IC server to apply changes made
to the catalog.cfg. So after every little change we have to ask the ISP to
restart IC.

Best regards

Goetz Verdieck

Goetz.Verdieck@com4office.de