[ic] ZDNet:"RedHat suite makes e-commerce easy"

Birgitt Funk interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 16:31:00 2001

Dan Browning wrote:

>But I really like the quote, "Mike Heins said that the next version > would
>be based off of Microsoft IIS 5.0 for additional security, but > denied
>that Bill Gates was paying him $1 billion to do so,as was rumored".

That's because the author of the ZDNet article hasn't done his homework.
Also, Charlie Cho, from Webtechiques didn't get it right, when he finished
his nice article, a review of Red Hat's E-Commerce Suite, saying: "The suite
is ideal for anyone who needs to start quickly, likes his or her servers to
stay running, doesn't have a ton of cash to burn, and wants to launch a
business a little less grandiose than Amazon.com. In this economy, that
could be a very large market indeed."

Informed sources tell me, Cho missed that Amazon was out-bidding Microsoft
for half a million to convince Mike to close the code for an "enhanced"
amazonish-strong IC e-commerce package. As to be expected, rumors have it,
Mike advised Gates and Bezos to go to Meg Whitman to convince her to switch
to IC and then bid in public on the beautified IC-Ebay platform to try to
get him a more appropriate offer for such a "thingy". :-)

The Webtechnique article is not yet online, I think.