[ic] Problems with IE5 and item image upload in admin

Curt Hauge interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 13:44:01 2001

Quoting Andrew McBeath:
> Has anyone noticed IE5 doesnt upload images properly in the item editor?
> The image never actually uploads, and the path doesnt get
> stripped off the filename thats placed in the db.
> It works fine under Opera and mozilla (linux), as well as opera
> and mozzie on MS...

This may be off track for this problem, but someone else also reported a
similar problem, to which I replied:

My experience was with IE6 and a stock 4.8.2 install. In item editor, the
widget in the image meta was set to 'image upload'. I had to set the widget
to 'image listing', select 'Combo Box' for 'Filter(s)', set 'Directory' to
images/items, and make sure the 'Append HTML' contains (stock install should
have put this in place):

<A
HREF="admin/upload_file?ui_image_preview=/your_cat_name/images/items/_UI_VAL
UE_&ui_upload_binary=1&ui_upload_backup=0&mv_arg=images/items/_UI_VALUE_&ui_
start_dir=items&ui_return_to=admin/item_edit&ui_return_to=item_id=_UI_KEY_&u
i_preload=_UI_TABLE_:_UI_COLUMN_">upload...</A>

Hope it helps!

Curt Hauge