[ic] Searching multiple fields question

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 17:41:01 2001

Hi,

I just don't get it. What I try to do is the following: searching
a text in products comment and description. I have a second
condition, the shop_id must match a scratch value. I tried for
instance:

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_map VALUE="
	mv_searchspec=search_id
	mv_searchspec=search_word
">

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches 10]>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE="products:shop_id">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field
	VALUE="products:comment,products:description">
<input type=hidden name=mv_substring_match value=1>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=em>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=search_id VALUE="[scratch shop_id]">
<INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=search_word type=text size=8>

This is not working as I want. Is
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field
	VALUE="products:comment,products:description">

equal to:
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field
	VALUE="products:description">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field
	VALUE="products:comment">

? In that case I understand why it's not working as I need it.
Then I would need to use mv_searchor, but it seems that this can
be used only once, so this would search for the right shop_id or
the word.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

oki,