[ic] importing a products.xls file from within admin UI produces "fatal error " SQL syntax error in ~/DBI.pm line 1129 ?!

MF ramsis interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 19:39:01 2001

  Hi,

Meanwhile this newbie Installed IC several times with success, no errors
were reported ;-)
because I have satisfied all dependencies.
Running SuSE Linux 7.2 kernel  2.4.4-4GB on Asus A7V mobo, Thunderbird
1Ghz, 256MB PC150.
Interchange 4.8.2 / foundation demo
perl, v5.6.0 built for i586-linux

During install process I choose not to populate the store,
because I wanted to upload my own products file afterwards,
by using  template.xls file that you can download when you're almost
done with the
store "wizard" within the administration UI section.

The following "Fatal Error"  appears  immediatly when  my products file
starts to be parsed :

  DBD::mysql::db do failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
  'where sku = '10100'' at line 1 at
  /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1129,  line 21.

  Progress to date:
  table inventory: Using fields from file: 'sku quantity stock_message account cogs_account'

So I then choose to upload the known "construct.xls" file
thinking that maybe my own file ( based on template.xls)  is producing
this error.

But even then the same error is reproduced, but now with  "  sku =
'os28070 ''   "
which is a product on row 22 within "construct.xls".

I looked into  ~/DBI.pm line 1129   and that sql syntax is correct to my
knowledge.
This is the line in DBI.pm :
 $s->[$DBI]->do("update $s->[$TABLE] SET $column=$value where $s->[$KEY]
= $key");

Is this a know problem ?
I have looked into the archives and bug list, and this problem is not
listed there ...
Has some body experianced the same sort of problem uploding his/her
products file ?

Thanks ,

Fouad