[ic] Re: bug: 4.8.2 admin UI new super-users cannot edit tables

Bob Ramstad interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Nov 17 16:29:00 2001

Here's some more info on this problem.

When using the wizard, the admin account created by the wizard works
fine and can see and edit tables.

That struck me as odd, so I took a look at that user.  I noticed the
"Real name" was set at "Site Admin" so I changed it to my actual name
using the Access part of the Administration UI.

Imagine my surprise when I was thereafter unable to edit tables!

It doesn't seem tied to the actual change of name -- I changed it back
to "Site Admin" and was still unable to edit tables even after logging
out and back in -- but there is definitely something broken in the
Access part of the UI.

As I mentioned earlier, one can simply "touch products/access.asc" to
get back to having one user "interch/pass" as the admin.  Changing the
password on that user does work.

-- Bob