[ic] simple options with updating price

Eduardo Dominguez interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 12:26:01 2001

I want to use simple options where. Each option is just another item.
This actually might be "modular options" but since its not working,
simple options are good enough. I just need a way to update the price
of the options.

The way I imagine it is to add another column to the options, where i
define OPTION=SKU, then a cron job updates the price column in options
with the price of the item. This will only work if the code of the
option is among a certain group and its a simple option.

Example:

o_value | price | new_column
A=Part1,| B=250 | B=SKU230
B=Part2 |       |

price gets updated once a day with the price of the SKU, in this case
"SKU230". In the example, only option B gets a price update.

Before I start coding this, I wonder if someone has done something
similar.

Any suggestions are appreciated.