[ic] Upgrade to 4.8.3 problem

Fri Nov 30 08:15:01 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 09:55:43AM +0100, info wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded to IC 4.8.3  on a system running Redhat 7.1
> with no problems but
>
> now I installed 4.8.3 on a Powerbook g3 ( OSX 10.1) previously running 4.8.2
> .
> The installations routine works only some warnings appears:
> Do you use CGIWRAP or SUEXEC? [n]
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... cc
> checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes
> checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
> checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
> checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
> checking for socket in -lsocket... no
> checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... no
> checking for environ declaration in unistd.h... no
> checking return type of signal handlers... void
> checking for select... yes
> checking for socket... yes
> checking for strerror... yes
> updating cache ./config.cache
> creating ./config.status
> creating syscfg
> creating config.h
> In file included from tlink.c:39:
> /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:99: warning: `struct in_addr' declared inside
> parameter list
> /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:99: warning: its scope is only this definition or
> declaration, which is probably not what you want.
> /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:100: warning: `struct in_addr' declared inside
> parameter list
> /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:100: warning: parameter has incomplete type
> /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:102: warning: parameter has incomplete type
> /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:104: warning: parameter has incomplete type
>

> When I tried to start the IC server I get the following output:
>
> [localhost:local/interchange/bin] gv% interchange -r
> The Interchange server was not running
> (/usr/local/interchange/etc/interchange.pid).
> Low traffic settings.
> Segmentation fault

Those may or may not be all related.  You don't need tlink if
you are running on same machine.  Take it out of the makefile
or use the perl version.

> At the moment I have no starting point. I don't even know what
> Segmentation fault means ?!?

ppc/pmac/G* architectures are going to be harder, if only because
there are fewer people using them.  You should have
a reasonable understanding of how to compile and debug code
if you are going to use them.  If you don't know what a segfault
is, then don't try it.

cfm