[ic] Upgrade to 4.8.3 problem

Michael Stearne interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 11:15:01 2001

cfm@maine.com wrote:

>ppc/pmac/G* architectures are going to be harder, if only because
>there are fewer people using them.  You should have
>a reasonable understanding of how to compile and debug code
>if you are going to use them.  If you don't know what a segfault
>is, then don't try it.

That's not exactly a fair answer.  Chances are it's a problem with the
Interchange code and the gcc compiler on 10.1.  Look at the gcc versions
on each machine (gcc -v) and see if they are similar. Regardless, you
should send a bug report to the Interchange Buzilla
(http://interchange.redhat.com/bugs/) explaing what happened and I'm
sure they'll fix it easily because I know 4.8.2 compiled fine on 10.1.

Michael