[ic] Upgrade to 4.8.3 problem

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 11:29:01 2001

On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 11:14  AM, Michael Stearne wrote:

> That's not exactly a fair answer.  Chances are it's a problem with the
> Interchange code and the gcc compiler on 10.1.  Look at the gcc
> versions on each machine (gcc -v) and see if they are similar.
> Regardless, you should send a bug report to the Interchange Buzilla
> (http://interchange.redhat.com/bugs/) explaing what happened and I'm
> sure they'll fix it easily because I know 4.8.2 compiled fine on 10.1.

In another persona I am a Mac OS X developer (Cocoa and ObjC and
WebObjects Java).  But I have not been fooling around with straight C
code or C++ so I don't know the magic incantation to make this work, but
I have a guess on what it is.  10.1 and gcc introduced 2 level
namespaces for shared libraries to make it much quicker to launch apps
amongst other problems.  There is a flag you can use to turn this off.

Chad