[ic] Re: Looking for a list of hosts....

Fri Nov 30 18:02:33 2001

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Nathan Olmscheid wrote:

NO>>We are not the cheapest, nor do we plan to be. We are priced for the quality
NO>>of our service, which in my eyes, and our clients eyes, we have great prices
NO>>for what we offer. We want quality customers instead of thousands and
NO>>thousands of $9.99 customers. Those customers take a lot time usually.

In another life I worked for a guy that ran an answering service. He bragged
that he had the cheapest prices around. After I had left and started my own,
I attended his bankruptcy auction.

I figured out what it cost us to keep the doors open and people answering
the phones and set the rates accordingly. We did well until people decided
that they liked VoiceMail. I closed the live answering service and made a
living developing, writing, and building Voice Mail systems.

Generally, honorable people are willing to pay a fair price to get the
products/service that they want. Give the customer top notch customer
service and they are willing to pay well for what you are doing.

Undercut your competitor with better service and better products, NOT lower
prices!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, November 30, 2001 at 17:55 PM:
I didn't cheat, I just changed the Rules!

This Linux System has been up 123 hours