[ic] Order Profiles

Sheamus Nulty interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 14:18:01 2001

Hi Folks,

Am I correct in assuming that the profiles.order file in etc is only used
for validation at the checkout stage. I've tried to use it to provide form
validation for a form I'm creating but can't seem to get it  work in 4.8.1,
even though its just a simplified version of the checkout profile that is
already in the form. Is it best just to do the following when I need form
validation
[set validate]
        [if !value fname]
                error=Need First Name
         [elsif !value lname]
                error=Need Last Name
        [/elsif]
        [if]
[/set]

Then on the form put this

<FORM ACTION="[process-target]" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE=return>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_check VALUE=validate>
 [if value error] : <B>[value error]</B>[/if]

or should the profiles work and I've configured it wrong.

Thanks

Sheamus