[ic] Interchange with WN www-server

Bas Bezemer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 06:54:00 2001

Hi All,

I'm trying to install the latest Interchange on a linux server running a
WN www-server. I can't get it to work properly and I'm not sure if it is
due to permission issues set by the provider or WN-related things.

The installation of Interchange (execute configure) seems to be ok. And
de interchange server runs as well. But from here on the problems start.
First of all I must use the perl versions of tlink (tlink.pl) and vlink
(vlink.pl), because I have no permission to run de binaries. Running the
scripts calling from a browser returns a WN-server error message. If I
call the script from the command line, like:
./tlink.cgi name1 name2
An error message is returned saying:
Unknown catalog: name2

That's curious because this is a line that is generated by
bin/interchange. So tlink and vlink are able to communicate with the
interchange server but the catalogs can't be reached.

I'm lost a bit.

Regards,
Bas