[ic] groups in userdb

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 15:22:00 2001

Hi,

for various reasons I need to organize at least some (hundert)
users in groups. Well, after a while I found where user
authentication is done, it's part of the "core" interchange.
Since I don't want to modify something there, I though it should
work to add the functionality in the catalog by some perl code.
For that, I added a group_id column to the database table (I use
postgres). Via a [data] tag (or similar) it's possible to read
out the gid, but it seems to be a lot of work. I think to store
the gid in the session on first request (as a kind of cache).

But before I start to implement this, I would like to hear some
comments, maybe I'm on the wrong way with this approach. If
somebody could say a few sentences about it, I would be glad.
Thank you.

oki,

Steffen