[ic] Looking for a new web host with Interchange! Can you help me find one

Fri Oct 5 17:21:01 2001

Quoting JT Justman (ic@signless.com):
> > Just as a note to everyone STAY AWAY FROM AF HOSTING.  These folks are a
> > total scam!  They do not answer email, phone mail, or faxes EVER.  But
> they
> > never miss charging your credit card every month!  They are bad news in my
> > experience.
>
> I second that. After they completely failed to get IC working, and took
> weeks to respond, it took them a month of daily e-mails to cancel me. The
> funny thing is, I sent an e-mail before I signed up, and they responded
> within hours.
>
> The lesson: it's easier to keep customers than to make new ones.

And my take is that I definitely would not make cost your top selection
criteria. Most low-end hosts simply don't give you the horsepower you
need, and don't have the expertise to help you. I have found in my days
that free technical support is worth what you pay for it. 8-)

For instance, Red Hat does Interchange hosting. While we are certainly
not the lowest cost option around, we probably have the most Interchange
expertise available on all levels.

If your store is worth spending time and money on, and you envision that
interruption of service will cost you money, I highly recommend finding
someone that has some *available* expertise. And that is not cheap.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Prove you aren't stupid.  Say NO to Passport.