[ic] undefined catalog problem with makecat when domain name has too many characters

Joe Moschak interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 14:33:00 2001

When using makecat, I found that when I chose a "Server name" and
"MailOrderTo" which has too many characters in the domain name (I tried
one with 20 characters, then one with 19 characters, not counting the
".com" at the end and both failed), I got an "undefined catalog" error.
 When I chose a domain name of fewer characters (7 characters, not
including the ".com" at the end ), the problem went away.  I only
experienced this with the "barry" template, so I'm not sure it's a
problem with other templates.  I don't know if this is a problem with
only "Server name", only "MailOrderTo" or both; I changed both at the
same time and it worked after that.  I am using Interchange 4.8.2.  I
post this to possibly save somebody a few hours in the future and hope
this irregularity gets fixed in a future releases.

Joe Moschak