[ic] Using Oracle DB on another server

Tue Oct 16 16:19:31 2001

At 01:29 PM 10/16/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I am running IC 4.6 on RH 7.1. I set up my store using the default database
>for testing. I would now like to set up the store to use tables stored in an
>Oracle DB on another machine. So far I have only found one thread in the
>archives of someone else attempting this. Has anyone done this or does
>someone have some suggestions for me? If you can point me to the
>documentation or give me a hand with this, I would really appreciate it.
>
>I have installed DBD::Oracle and DBI, where do I go from here?

A client and I just did this with MySQL.  I think it would be the same for
other database systems since the changes we needed to make were only for
the values passed to the DBI.  Basically you just append a hostname and
port number to the string in SQLDSN, so it looks something like this:

dbi:oracle:db_name:hostname:port_number

... you probably still need to supply a db_username and db_password.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax