[ic] Using Oracle DB on another server

Chad Wittrock interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 10:29:01 2001

I am a little fuzzy on Step 1. Do I replace *every* instance of
__MVC_FIELDMUNGE__ with '_fld'? If I set __MVC_FIELDMUNGE__ to _fld in
catalog.cfg wouldn't that "replace" it everywhere else when things are
executed?  To do this could I just insert this into catalog.cfg:
	<snip>
	Variable FIELDMUNGE	__MVC_FIELDMUNGE__

	<insert>
	Variable __MVC_FIELDMUNGE__	_fld
	</insert>

	</snip>

Or will this not work and I need to replace every instance of
__MVC_FIELDMUNGE__?

> catalog.cfg
> config/additional_fields
> dbconf/oracle/order_returns.ora
> dbconf/oracle/orderline.ora
> dbconf/oracle/products.ora
> dbconf/oracle/transactions.ora
> etc/receipt.html
> etc/mail_receipt
> etc/ship_notice
> etc/report
> etc/log_entry
> etc/log_transaction
> pages/swap_results.html
> pages/query/order_detail.html
> pages/query/order_return.html
> pages/process_return.html
> pages/browse.html
> pages/results_big.html
> pages/flypage.html
> pages/recurring_add.html
> pages/quantity.html
> products/variable.txt
> products/order_returns.txt
> products/transactions.txt
> products/mv_metadata.asc
> products/orderline.txt
> products/products.txt
> templates/components/cart
>
> 2. At that point, you just need to set ORACLE to 1, and SQLDSN to
> some valid Oracle DSN in variables.txt, restart, and away you should go.

Also then with Step two to "set Oracle to 1" I would change the line
	Variable SOME_DATABASE	1
	Variable ORACLE 	1
in the catalog.cfg within the database section under the Oracle section.
Right?

Thanks in advance.
Chad