[ic] Need help with encryption PLEASE

Randy Moore interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 14:56:00 2001

At 08:47 AM 10/23/2001 -0700, you wrote
>You need to use encryption - set up PGP or GPG on your machine with your
>public key, then just log in to the UI and follow
>Administration->Preferences->Encryption, and set the variables:
>
>          ENCRYPTOR       ->      pgp (or gpg)
>          PGP_KEY         ->      your_key_id
>
>and 'Apply Changes'...thats all there is; it has never been as easy as it
>is in 4.8.2.

I've found (the hard way) one case where the new Encryption system is a
little tricky.  If your server has both pgp and gpg installed and you are
trying to use pgp, Interchange will find and try to use gpg and fail
because the public key you specified was not known to gpg.

For this case, I had to fully specify the pgp command in the ENCRYPTOR
variable *AND* set the "EncryptProgram" directive in the catalog.cfg file.

Variable    ENCRYPTOR       /usr/local/bin/pgp -feat orders@mystore.com
EncryptProgram   __ENCRYPTOR__

Hope this helps someone.

Randy Moore