[ic] Different Shipping Addresses

Fiber Connect interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 17:51:01 2001

Hi All,
    Iam sorry for being so broad in my previous mail.
Actually i want to know how data is maintained in the two tables namely
Transactions and Orderline and relations it has :-
Assuming a consumer Mr.C buys two products namely
1. TV and
2  WASHING MACHINE .

Now both these products can be shipped to two different people. Lets say
TV shipped to Mr.X in California and
WASHING MACHINE shipped to Mr. Y at Virginia.

Now i want to know how and where each of these details shall be stored from
a DB Perspective.

I tried to create few sample orders and see the results but i couldn't find
any relavant info.

Entry in ORDERLINE is :
==================
   code               Order_number     Sku                            Qty
Price
   TEST01-1      TEST01               TV                             1
500
   TEST01-2      TEST01              WASHING M/c          1       500

Entry in TRANSACTION is :
====================
Code                 Order_number       fname         lname     address
b_address
TEST01             TEST01

The problem that i face here is that at checkout page the shipping and
address details are required to be
entered alongwith the CREDIT CARD No. (Hope u ppl get which page i refer to)

It has been constrained as mandatory to give a shipping address at the
checkout page.
Now my cart contains 2 items to be shipped to 2 different people i cannot
specify any one person's  address.
How does IC handle this ?

Moreover the transactions table holds fields namely ADDRESS and b_address

I dont know the purpose of the same ?

Can someone tell me how this can be tackled ?

Am i still not clear ?
Plz do specify iam willing to give more details.

Regards

Bv :-)