[ic] Different Shipping Addresses

Wed Oct 24 18:56:04 2001

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 10:57:25AM +0530, Fiber Connect wrote:
> Hi All,
>     Iam sorry for being so broad in my previous mail.
> Actually i want to know how data is maintained in the two tables namely
> Transactions and Orderline and relations it has :-
> Assuming a consumer Mr.C buys two products namely
> 1. TV and
> 2  WASHING MACHINE .
>
> Now both these products can be shipped to two different people. Lets say
> TV shipped to Mr.X in California and
> WASHING MACHINE shipped to Mr. Y at Virginia.

> It has been constrained as mandatory to give a shipping address at the
> checkout page.
> Now my cart contains 2 items to be shipped to 2 different people i cannot
> specify any one person's  address.
> How does IC handle this ?
>
> Moreover the transactions table holds fields namely ADDRESS and b_address
>
> I dont know the purpose of the same ?
>
> Can someone tell me how this can be tackled ?

There are any number of ways you could do that.  You could use
multiple carts or even go as far as assigning the shipping address
as a product attribute in a single cart.

In any case, the store will almost certainly have to split the order up
to fulfill it and track it, so you might as well do that from
the get go.  Make it really easy to generate a second order, eg,
order the tv then order the washing machine.  You might still
set it up so one order can handle the payment for any number of
others; those would get marked prepaid by that order number.

What is the business logic behind this?  Is this a typical order
or a rare exception, etc...?

cfm