[ic] Random? Items not appearing

Brian Kosick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 11:39:01 2001

Hello again all,
         One of our IC (4.8.2 RH7.1, Perl 5.6.1) sites appears to be
"forgetting" about a few item in the database.  Everything shows up fine in
the admin UI, you can search for/modify/delete/clone the items in the
UI.  But the front end doesn't display them.  You can do a search for the
or other unique text/entries the item may have and it will always come up with:

Sorry, I didn't find any matches for ARRAY(0x837df18).

With no error.log entry.

I've checked the txt structure.  Deleted the gdbm/recreated it.  I even
tried deleting the entry, and then recreating it with the same sku #.  The
behavior is still the same.  This got me to thinking that there might be an
old entry fragment or something.  I checked all  the db/txt files and
couldn't find any reference to any of the faulty sku's.  They only appear
in the products table.  At this point I'm almost thinking that it is some
strange quirk in GDBM, and am about ready to try migrating it to pgsql to
see if that corrects the problem.  There are only 3/>500 items that exhibit
this behavior, and before I do that, I wanted to see if anyone on the list
has experienced anything similar to this.

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.
216-619-2000