[ic] Foundation - auto prod_group and category fine tune.

Wed Oct 31 07:39:00 2001

I am trying to make sense of the /templates/components/category_vertical
file in the Foundation demo 4.8.2
I believe this file is responsible for auto-creating the default Foundation
category link list on the left side.

The problem I am having is with a category that has the same name as another
category in a different prod_group.

Similar thread in the archives i.e.

Cat - Food
Dog - Food

Clicking on Food brings up the same list of items in either case.

I know that this functionality can be easily added with a typical IC search
query using a coordinated search but the code in this component that
automatically pulls in the categories and groups from the products file and
creates the links is a little beyond me. How do I get the code below to
create category links that will only return items exclusive to a category
within a prod_group. Something to do with [cat-exec bar_link]  ?

<!-- BEGIN COMPONENT [control component category_vertical] -->
[timed-build auto=1 if="[control timed 0]" minutes="[control timed 0]"]
[set found_cat][/set]
[loop
        prefix=box
        search="
                fi=area
                st=db
                tf=sort
                ac=0
                ac=0
                co=yes

                sf=sel
                op=eq
                se=[control set_selector left]

                sf=which_page
                op=rm
                se=[control page_class all|@@MV_PAGE@@]
"]

      <b>[box-exec bar_link]area[/box-exec]</b>

[set found_cat]1[/set]
[loop prefix=cat
        search="
                fi=cat
                st=db
                tf=sort
                tf=name
                rf=code,name
                sf=sel
                se=[box-code]
        "
        ]
      &nbsp;&nbsp;[cat-exec bar_link]cat[/cat-exec]<BR>
[/loop]

[/loop]
[if !scratch found_cat]
[loop
    search="
        ra=yes
        tf=description
    "
    ]
      &nbsp;&nbsp;[page [loop-code]][loop-field description][/page]<BR>
[/loop]
[/if]
[/timed-build]