[ic] Foundation - auto prod_group and category fine tune.

Wed Oct 31 09:03:01 2001

Quoting music@labyrinth.net.au (music@labyrinth.net.au):
> I am trying to make sense of the /templates/components/category_vertical
> file in the Foundation demo 4.8.2
> I believe this file is responsible for auto-creating the default Foundation
> category link list on the left side.
>
> The problem I am having is with a category that has the same name as another
> category in a different prod_group.
>
> Similar thread in the archives i.e.
>
> Cat - Food
> Dog - Food
>
> Clicking on Food brings up the same list of items in either case.
>
> I know that this functionality can be easily added with a typical IC search
> query using a coordinated search but the code in this component that
> automatically pulls in the categories and groups from the products file and
> creates the links is a little beyond me. How do I get the code below to
> create category links that will only return items exclusive to a category
> within a prod_group. Something to do with [cat-exec bar_link]  ?

By default, the link type is "simple", which is a simple search.
You can put "prod_group=X, category=Y" in the "selector" field of
the cat table and get that to happen.

In fact, I think the 4.9 devel CVS has a pages/admin/layout_auto.html
file which does that for you automatically. That may even work
in 4.8.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Software axiom: Lack of speed kills.