[ic] order same items several time

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 17:25:00 2001

> > Hi there, I have a simple question: when the user orders the same item
> > several time, they are shown as difference order entries in the basket,
> > are there anyway to combine them as one ?
>
> I'd like to know this as well. I am guessing that there is a relatively
> straight forward way to do this in perl...
> If you can dump the contents of the cart into a hash keyed on some thing
> like the SKU of the product (where the value is the qauntity of the
> item) and *then* dump that hash back into the shopping cart it should
> work.

See the SeparateItems directive (set in catalog.cfg)
http://ic.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev-4.8/icconfig_139.html

> I'm guessing a usertag would be the right way to do this.
>
> > Also, I would like to put a quantity limit to some item, in
> case the user
> > order more than the limit, it will reject the order, any easy way to
> > implement this ?
> Depends on what the critera is but you should be able to just compare
> the quantity of Item X to some predetermined limit. If its above that
> limit it sets a awarning flag (to tell the customer) and automatically
> decreases the quantity to the maximum limit. You should also be able to
> set a limit for each item with another column in your products table.

have a search of the mail archive. This was discussed within the last couple
of months.. as was the first item come to think of it... Its always a good
place to look, as are the docs.

Jonathan
Webmaint.