[ic] One works, the other doesn't

Thu Sep 6 18:30:01 2001

Quoting Jason Timm (jason@itchoices.com):
> Hello,
>
> I have IC 4.8 running on RH 7.1.  The IC install went very well - everything
> installed great.  The foundation catalog works great as well.
>
> I ran makecat and created a new catalog called 'sample' using most of the
> makecat defaults.  When I try to access the new catalog via:
> http://www.myserver.com/cgi-bin/sample it gives me the dreaded 'Undefined
> Catalog' error.  I have restarted IC several times, and both 'foundation'
> and 'sample' load fine.  I was thinking it was a permissions thing, but I
> can't find a problem...  Here is what I have checked so far:
>
> -----
>
> interchange.cfg:
>
> Catalog       foundation /var/lib/interchange/foundation /cgi-bin/foundation
> /foundation
> Catalog       sample /var/lib/interchange/sample /cgi-bin/sample /sample
>
> -----
>
> from the error log:
>
> - - [06/September/2001:13:04:30 -0700] - /cgi-bin/sample CGI mapping error:
> Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/sample at
> /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Server.pm line 182.

I am betting you have two IC daemons running, one installed via
RPM and the other that you are running with /usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange.

Kill both (killall interchange) and then restart the standard one
with /usr/sbin/interchange.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

until you hear them speak. -- unknown