[ic] How does one customize the admin interface for a single admin sit e

Mon Sep 10 21:07:00 2001

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> At 05:03 PM 09/10/2001 -0600, you wrote:
> >Does this have the advantage that Jonathan mentioned of only overriding the
> >ones you need to override, or should I copy all of UI/pages to the new
> >location?
>
> You would need to copy the contents of the entire admin dir (including all
> subdir's), I think.
>

> >Also, what is the advantage of keeping them out of the catalog directory?
> >Security (I assume)?  It would make it easier to put them in a single scs
> >project if it were in the catalog directory.
>
> True. You mentioned something about keeping control of the code in your
> original post and I assumed you meant keeping the catalog user's hands of
> the admin page files.  If that is not a concern, then overriding piecemeal
> in the catalog directory is definitely a more flexible way.

You can also add a new template directory if you want to -- the
directory which is used for the UI pages is simply set by:

    TemplateDir lib/UI/pages

You can add one in your catalog.cfg as well, which will be searched
before the system-specified one.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown