[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

IC-Admin interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 23:59:00 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

> Sorry you hit on a subject that triggered a lot of feelings...

No, it's me, who has to apologize. I didn't expect to read something
like this. I hope you will find some solutions through the list soon.

> No, but I would have to pay for every version to be fixed for the OS's
>
> I asked for a quote on cost for getting it to work on Caldera OpenServer
> and was told it would start at about $2000.00 and could be a lot more.
> What frustrated me was it core dumps and is the only OpenSource program
> that core dumps.
>
> I am some what OK with perl.  I add the thread code for UnixWare on perl
> 5.6.0.  I do not claim to be a perl expert, but all the different perl
> programs I have written do work.  I have submitted a few patches to the
> perl development and they have been used.
>
> If I could afford or had enough money and I would glady pay for each IC
> version to work on the platforms I have.  Right now I am strugling.  I
> have been in business for 22 years and right now because people have not
> paid I am close to losing my business and home.

I have some difficulties to understand why, under those circumstances,
you don't change to Red Hat 7.x to avoid the problems you describe for
good. Don't you think you had a higher change to get answers on this list,
if you used Red Hat ?

[snip]

> I guess what this boils down to is using a OS that is truely supported.  I
> just really love IC and I have a few sites working with out any problem
> with IC 4.6.5,

Looks like it.

> Sorry for all this.  The discussion just triggered a lot of deep feelings.

I am sorry for this. But may be it helps to let some of that stuff
out. May be someone can point you to some solutions. I certainly hope
so. Don't give up and good luck for the future.