[ic] setting search sorts - how to save what I build

Tux MacAuley interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 01:40:06 2001

My searches are ending up with the items sorted in a non logical order (the
same order I entered them, as they are supposed to by default.)  I am having
problems saving the search builder output:  on the last/final page of the
search builder, I ended up with :

Location:
http://mydomain.com/~aviation/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/admin/search_wizard.html?id=H
rmy8ugZ&mv_pc=29039

[area     href=scan
            search=|
                        fi=products
                        st=db
                        ra=yes
                        ml=25
                        tf=description
                        to=x

]

I clicked the "test" link, and it seems to work like I want it to.

QUESTIONS:  How do I save it and make it work all the time?  Do I need to
paste the above code somewhere?

WHAT I'VE TRIED:  I have read the tutorial and have looked at most if not
all of the content html changes to try to figure out where to apply the
search code. I clicked "apply changes" and nothing seemed to happen.  I also
looked for somewhere to append this to the results.html and the left
template and can't find how to save the search criteria.

Any specific directions or resources to read up on this would be
appreciated. I've looked over the resources at redhat (free ones) and also
from my hosting company with no luck.

thanks in advance,

Tux MacAuley
Aviation Activities