[ic] setting search sorts - how to save what I build

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 04:29:01 2001

"Tux MacAuley" <tux@austin.rr.com> writes:

> My searches are ending up with the items sorted in a non logical order (the
> same order I entered them, as they are supposed to by default.)  I am having
> problems saving the search builder output:  on the last/final page of the
> search builder, I ended up with :
>
> Location:
> http://mydomain.com/~aviation/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/admin/search_wizard.html?id=H
> rmy8ugZ&mv_pc=29039
>
> [area     href=scan
>             search=|
>                         fi=products
>                         st=db
>                         ra=yes
>                         ml=25
>                         tf=description
>                         to=x
> ]
>
> I clicked the "test" link, and it seems to work like I want it to.
>
> QUESTIONS:  How do I save it and make it work all the time?  Do I need to
> paste the above code somewhere?

Yes. Do you use a form-based or in-page search on your site ?

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices