[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

Kaare Rasmussen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 12:46:00 2001

> I started this thread out of frustration of trying to understand why a
> great program with great features had to be so difficult to learn and use.

I think you still have to see it as a work in progress. It's only about one
year ago (isn't it?) that what was Minivend was merged with Akopia, where the
former provided all the powerfull page tags and the latter had the prettier
user interface.

Since then Redhat bought the shop, and I imagine that the people working on
the project has devoted their effort to integrate the two products and push
it forward as fast as possible at the same time.

This leads to poorly documented features (and features that are not
documented at all), but it is a sign of lacking resources, not missing
interest, I believe.

I hope that in the future, there will be a more coherent documentation. In
fact, looking at developer.akopia.com, I think it is improving. Slowly, but
still improving.

Howitzvej 75               Åben 14.00-18.00        Web:      www.suse.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 11.00-17.00       Email: kar@webline.dk