[ic] Credit Card Authorisation/Processing

Tue Sep 18 20:16:24 2001

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 09:35:01AM +1000, Ross Cousens wrote:

> What other options are there with the credit card besides automated payment
> services and an e-mail sent to a local user. Is it possible to get
> Interchange to store the credit card number in the customer profile so that
> it can be remembered/kept on file, and is it possible to display the credit
> card number in the order process section of the administration interface, or
> even in a report that would be printed off with a list of 'waiting for
> credit check' orders and the corresponding credit card # and items ordered.
> Any documents that have a section focused on credit card handling routines
> etc?
>
> Thanks,
> Ross Cousens
>
> P.S. I realise this is a "security risk", but we have a few other methods we
> plan to implement to keep the credit card info secured.

Continuing the thread of BIG RED WARNINGS: Perhaps we need a BIG RED WARNING
on the outside of the IC box that YES, you can modify the code and yes you
can do pretty much anything you want.  And yes, if you have to ask how to
shoot yourself you might not get too much help, particularly if you already
know its a risk.  ;^>

And getting from "yes you can do it" to "done" is a different matter....

Oh, I forgot... no box on which to put the warning label.