[ic] Verisign, double, tripe charges, orders not going through IC

Thu Sep 20 15:09:00 2001

Quoting Ron Phipps (rphipps@reliant-solutions.com):
> > I wish I could be optimistic about Verisign fixing this, but I bet
> > that they are spending most of their resources figuring out new ways
> > spam their Network Solutions database. ;-\
>
> LOL, I was surprised you responded based on the company involved.

No, I answered because you asked. I appreciate your help to other
users -- I usually try to answer questions from frequent
question-answerers. 8-)

> You'll probably receive 100 emails today from them for that one comment.
> ;)

No, Mail::Agent and sendmail take care of that. If it comes through my
mail system, and has a Verisign fingerprint on it, it goes to /dev/null.
The one day I opened that up after I thought they may have learned their
lesson (and when I did the Verisign module based on my original
globalsub/signio) they spammed me that same day and the door closed again.

Once I removed my former Internic contact address (I use Dotster these
days, and have never received a spam from them) then I was completely
free of Verisign-sponsored spam.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon