[ic] Verisign, double, tripe charges, orders not going through IC

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 15:46:01 2001

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of mheins@redhat.com
> Quoting Ron Phipps (rphipps@reliant-solutions.com):
> > > I wish I could be optimistic about Verisign fixing this, but I bet
> > > that they are spending most of their resources figuring out new
ways
> > > spam their Network Solutions database. ;-\
> >
> > LOL, I was surprised you responded based on the company involved.
>
> No, I answered because you asked. I appreciate your help to other
> users -- I usually try to answer questions from frequent
> question-answerers. 8-)

Thanks I appreciate the support :)

> > You'll probably receive 100 emails today from them for that one
comment.
> > ;)
> >

> No, Mail::Agent and sendmail take care of that. If it comes through my
> mail system, and has a Verisign fingerprint on it, it goes to
/dev/null.
> The one day I opened that up after I thought they may have learned
their
> lesson (and when I did the Verisign module based on my original
> globalsub/signio) they spammed me that same day and the door closed
again.

Do they ever learn their lesson?  I'm wondering if they only spam their
Network Solutions db, we have yet to receive spam from the Payflow Pro
db.  We'll continue to use Domain Monger and not test that theory ;)

Take it easy,
-Ron