[ic] Getting category name from tree to page title

Fri Sep 21 09:34:00 2001

Quoting JT Justman (ic@signless.com):
[snip]
> But page titles are important to me. I'd prefer "Eden Clothing -- Baby-Ts"
> over "Eden Clothing -- Category Display". This will be vital to search
> engine positioning, especially when I do the brand-name pages.
>
> But I can't get the !$%@& value to display in the page title without
> modifying the page directly or making a special template. If I put "[data
> table=cat field=cat key='[cgi mv_arg]']" in the "Page Title" in the UI, it
> isn't interpolated. The problem is, I can't find where IC sets the [scratch
> page_title] to change it.

Right at the top of the page, below the template definition:

	[tmp page_title] .... [/tmp]

That should interpolate just fine.

> So, how do I:
>
> 1) Cause the stuff in the UI to be interpolated, or
> 2) Give a variable to the UI that it will accept, or
> 3) Do something to make this work?

Depends on what is in the page template. If you are using foundation,
and it is the results page, that would be "leftright". If the page_title
setting is as above (i.e. [tmp page_title] ... [/tmp] instead of
[set page_title] .... [/set] it should work as you want.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence
is simplicity. -- Longfellow