[ic] credit card info

Andreas, Scott interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Sep 21 12:38:01 2001

Thats nice and all, but we batch our creditcards via a script. Once a day we
download all the days activities which runs into the thousands and then run
a script which looks for the creditcard info, then writes it to a txt file
and then batch to the terminal from there. Its fully automated. So our
little situation would make for teadious situation if we had to do it all
with human intervention.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed LaFrance [mailto:edl@newmediaems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 12:29 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ic] credit card info

At 03:03 PM 09/19/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm facing the same problem with version 4.8. I'm looking for a way to
>process the orders offline via a physical credit card terminal. I have
>not been able to do either one of two things, store the card number in
>the order panel or have it emailed as part of the order notification.
>
>Please let me know if anybody has come up with a solution. I would
>appreciate it.
>
>Regards,

Very strange, this resistance to using encryption. You ask if anyone has
come up with a solution to getting credit card numbers emailed to you.  The
answer is yes; IC provides a very nice one:

1. Set up your encryption program with your public key on the server,
configure IC to use it for credit card info;

2. Decrypt the credit card info which appears in your email box, with the
emailed copy of the order.

I have clients who process several hundred orders a day who are doing
this.  It is not too hard to write a batch-decryption script for the
receiving end.  I don't understand why some people seem willing to go to
great lengths to get around this!

- Ed L.

> > I upgraded to IC 4.8x from IC 4.6.0.
> > Under 4.6 my credit card info. was not encrypted and didn't need to be
> > encrypted since the orders were not being sent over the internet.
> >
> > After upgrading to 4.8 all the credit card information now states
> > NEED ENCRYPTION ENABLED.
> > I'd rather have the creditcard number dsplayed so our salespeople can
>login
> > to the server via SSH and download  information
> >
> > Our catalog was based off the construct demo of 4.6.0
> >

> > J. Scott Andreas :)
> > IS/Programmer/WebDevelopement
> > Learning Services, Inc.
> > e-mail: sandreas@learningservicesinc.com
> > phone: 1-800-877-9378 ext. 146
> > fax: (541) 744-2056

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax