[ic] New catalog without restarting IC

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 03:44:00 2001

"Rob Buijs" <rob@merchandisingdirect.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm building a system that will start with 30+ shops and will start growing
> the moment it's on-line. There will be new shops added every week. Now,
> every time I add a shop I have to restart IC, killing all sessions to the
> shops. (If I restart nicely, by waiting for all sessions to end, restarting
> takes too long).
>
> So, my question:
>
> Is it possible to get a new catalog on-line without having to restart the
> entire IC process?

	# add catalog to running server
	echo 'Catalog foundation /var/lib/interchange/catalogs/foundation /cgi-bin/ic/foundation' | /usr/sbin/interchange --add foundation

Don't forget to add the catalog to the global configuration file.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices