[ic] New catalog without restarting IC

Tue Sep 25 08:20:00 2001

Quoting Rob Buijs (rob@merchandisingdirect.com):
> Hi,
>
> I'm building a system that will start with 30+ shops and will start growing
> the moment it's on-line. There will be new shops added every week. Now,
> every time I add a shop I have to restart IC, killing all sessions to the
> shops. (If I restart nicely, by waiting for all sessions to end, restarting
> takes too long).
>
> So, my question:
>
> Is it possible to get a new catalog on-line without having to restart the
> entire IC process?

You didn't notice the last option on makecat?

	Add catalog to server running on PID $pid?

The method is shown in the source of makecat. It goes much
faster if you already have any database tables pre-built, but
should work even if you don't.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson