[ic] Admin Order Entry -> Order Routes -> Admin Logout

Jon Jensen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 10:07:01 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Jim Balcom wrote:

> In 4.6, my guess has been that the logins are tied together between the UI
> and the store.
>
> If I log into the store as Fred Sanford, and then log into the UI as Jim,
> suddenly the login at the store is changed to Jim. If I log out of the store
> and then log back in as Fred Sanford (the memory of Redd Foxx lives on!),
> then Jim is logged out of the UI.

Yes -- there is only one session per browser, regardless of whether you're
using the store or the admin. This is because Interchange is powerful
enough to have an entire admin interface written in the same system as the
storefront, so the admin consists of different pages of the same catalog,
albeit with different access control.

The easiest way to deal with this if it's causing you trouble (for me it's
usually fine) is to use a different browser for each, e.g. Mozilla for the
store, Netscape for the admin, or whatever.

Jon