[ic] Interchange hosting with Dynamic IP address

Wynans, Art interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 13:28:00 2001

--__--__--

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 13:01:35 -0400
From: mheins@redhat.com <mailto:mheins@redhat.com>
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
<mailto:interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [ic] Interchange hosting with Dynamic IP address
<mailto:interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com>

Quoting Art Wynans (artw@telus.net <mailto:artw@telus.net>):
> I'm trying to host an interchange website using an ADSL modem and dynamic
IP
> address. I can handle the IP address changes with html redirects from the
> domain name however the setup of interchange requires an internet routable
> domain and hostname in the configuration and catalog. How can I set up
> interchange to work when my server's hostname/ IP changes a few times a
> week?

I suggest just setting:

VendURL /cgi-bin/yourcat

Then hostname doesn't matter, it uses whatever the entry point
was.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 3005 Nichols Rd., Hamilton, OH 45013
phone +1.513.523.7621 <mheins@redhat.com <mailto:mheins@redhat.com>>

Prove you aren't stupid. Say NO to Passport.

Setting the VendURL will likely do the trick for the customer interface but
the remote admin interface will not be affected by this.  Are there any
recommendations for the admin side of things?