[ic] Using Postgres sequences for the admin interface

Fri Sep 28 15:24:00 2001

As the subject indicates, my database is PostgreSQL and
I have some tables which have a primary key which should
be gotten from a sequence.  I have added the table to
the "Tables" interface and used the Meta data to make
a nice form for entering things into the table.  The
problem is that when I try to save the item, it isn't
actually saved and my suspicion is that I'm not setting
the primary key.  I looked in the 'products' directory
and there is a file called <tablename>.autonumber, which
seems to be keeping track of the ID's.

Is there any way to make IC use the sequence out of the
database, or to keep them in sync?  I could just drop
the sequence in Postgres but my DBA may soundly thrash
me for it.

Patrick Bennett
http://www.ccgenesis.com