[ic] Using Postgres sequences for the admin interface

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Sep 28 16:09:00 2001

patrick.bennett@ccgenesis.com writes:

> As the subject indicates, my database is PostgreSQL and
> I have some tables which have a primary key which should
> be gotten from a sequence.  I have added the table to
> the "Tables" interface and used the Meta data to make
> a nice form for entering things into the table.  The
> problem is that when I try to save the item, it isn't
> actually saved and my suspicion is that I'm not setting
> the primary key.  I looked in the 'products' directory
> and there is a file called <tablename>.autonumber, which
> seems to be keeping track of the ID's.
>
> Is there any way to make IC use the sequence out of the
> database, or to keep them in sync?  I could just drop
> the sequence in Postgres but my DBA may soundly thrash
> me for it.

Presumably,

Database <tablename> AUTO_SEQUENCE 1

will help here.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices