[ic] Hidden Admin Tables

Fri Sep 28 18:41:01 2001

Quoting Kevin Manderson (kevin@gocdo.net.au):
> Hi
>
> Ahh, here hoping. Have to rm the gdbm files and restart agin - been
> using it fine and the hidden admin and no table access again 5 minutes
> ago.
>
> Gee interchange is flakey. It hung on me this afternoon and I had to
> reinstall. Did not have time to spend hours finding out why it would
> not run. Logs me out ofter after apply changes,  do the wisard and
> filll out every field and it errors with an empty field and the list
> goes on. Any other stable similar carts out there??

I think you mistake an unstable system for unstable software.
Interchange is not flaky, as I would hope many users would echo.

The databases don't just "disappear".

I have been following your posts but have been unable to determine
what you are saying -- I have seen no information about what your
system platform is, what database you are using, etc. No one can
help you if you don't supply appropriate information.

Wild guess about your setup -- it is NFS mounted and the
locking doesn't work. But it is a wild guess, since you don't
give any information that allows anything but that.

In any case, it is not Interchange causing the problem, otherwise you
would be seeing hundreds of posts like yours.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman