[ic] cart component questions

AWJ interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Sep 29 16:55:00 2001

I'm running into some strange issues with the components supplied with
foundation. I have created a catalog based upon foundation, and I want to
make some modifications to the supplied cart component. I've successfully
added a comment to the body of the component, but I want to alter the admin
interface for the component (I want to add at least one more option), so
I've tried altering the [comment] at the top of the file. Unfortuneately
none of the changes I make are taking effect. Neither adding an option or
editing the current options is working. I've gone so far as to look for
every occurance of the words "others who have bought this" in a file named
cart on my file system and modified them all to see if the Admin UI would
change...no luck. I've tried restarting the interchange server, re-logging
in, etc. Nothing seems to work. I'm wondering if these options are cached
in some fashion and the system needs to be notified explicitly of any
changes or if there is something else that I am missing completely. For my
changes, the simplest (and therefore most confusing) change that I have
made that has not taken affect is merely changing the wording of the label
for the "Others who bought this" component, but the label remains the same
in the Admin UI.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Here's some information that might be important:

File modified : [catroot]/templates/components/cart
Interchange Version : 4.8.2 (installed from RPMs downloaded from
interchange.redhat.com)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anthony W. Juckel