[ic] External Orders

Mon Apr 1 13:03:01 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 09:36:08AM -0800, Orko wrote:
> Our company is trying to offer purchases straight from our software, and
> I have been trying to figure out a way to deliver the order through
> Interchange, giving the customer the experience of:
>
> 1) click "purchase" in the software
> 2) fill out the order form in the software, including CC information
> 3) click submit, which posts to our secure catalog, generating the order
>   - If the order goes through, display a receipt
>   - if not, display the checkout page with the errors
>
> I already have everything set up for #3 through the web site, but am
> having trouble with the variables that I am supposed to post (and
> where?) from an offline page, so to speak.  I evidently can't (?) post
> directly to process.html, or checkout.html, through an outside source..
> So I'm assuming I'm going to have to generate a special page that takes
> the information posted from the software and posts it to process.html.
>
> I don't want the software to have to know anything more about the
> product other than it's SKU.  So the variables I would like to post to
> the cart would be something like:
>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_doit      VALUE=submit>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_orderpage VALUE="ord/checkout">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_checkout  VALUE="ord/checkout">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_successpage  VALUE="ord/checkout">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_failpage  VALUE="submit_error">
>
> <input type=hidden name=email_copy value=1>
> <input type=hidden name=mv_form_profile value=remap>
> <input type=hidden name=payment_method value="credit">
>
> user entry fields:
> ==================
> email
> name
> phone_day
> mv_credit_card_number
> mv_credit_card_exp_month
> mv_credit_card_exp_year
> country
> item_to_purchase (SKU)
>
> Does anyone have experience with a one page checkout, and/or offline
> page ordering?  I would greatly appreciate any tips/suggestions you
> might have.

I'm not sure what you mean by "offline" ordering.  Presumably
you mean just a different path.  Unless you mean putting the
orders directly into the database and bypassing ic.

How to post an order directly has been discussed several times
in the mailing list.  Look for mv_order_item and mv_order_quantity.
There is nothing special about it, except maybe sessionID.  We
do it with two pages, one GET so we have a sessionID and the
second POSTs everything.  I seem to recall MH posted a reply
indicating that it could be done without the first page - might
well be wrong about that part.