[ic] External Orders

Orko interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 1 17:53:01 2002

On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 10:02, cfm@maine.com wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by "offline" ordering.  Presumably
> you mean just a different path.  Unless you mean putting the
> orders directly into the database and bypassing ic.
>
> How to post an order directly has been discussed several times
> in the mailing list.  Look for mv_order_item and mv_order_quantity.
> There is nothing special about it, except maybe sessionID.  We
> do it with two pages, one GET so we have a sessionID and the
> second POSTs everything.  I seem to recall MH posted a reply
> indicating that it could be done without the first page - might
> well be wrong about that part.

Sorry, yes.  I guess a better term for it would be "offsite" ordering.
I want to be able to post from the software or other local web page on
the client computer (via the browser, more than likely) and display a
receipt if the order goes through.  One page to POST to would be the
ideal in this situation.

Thanks for the search tips, I'll take a look.

-- orko