[ic] Changing Default Username

Wed Apr 3 10:39:00 2002

At 05:28 PM 4/2/2002 -0800, Brendan Crosser-McGay wrote:
>I am making a site with subscriptions in Interchange, I want the user to be
>able to specify the username and password that they use to login.  However
>the user must go through the checkout process before they have a username or
>password since they must "buy" the subscription first.  I tried simply
>putting the "new_account" page together with the checkout page, and all I
>see to get is some kind of Default Username, (like U00003) or something like
>that for the username, and thus it will not login.  I was just wondering if
>anyone had any insight as to why this would do this?

It does this by design. In the unmodified foundation demo, if the user
places their order without being logged in, an 'anonymous' userdb record is
created for them - you can see the code for this in
yourcat/etc/log_transaction.  To do what you want, you would need to
comment this code out, then create a link on yourcat/etc/receipt.html to
the new_account page. That should let them create the account after placing
the order. One problem: the order they just placed would not be linked to
their userdb record, since it did not exist at the time they placed the
order. You may want to reconsider your desired sequenced of events.

- Ed L.