[ic] Slow Checkout and Recalculate

Wed Apr 3 19:15:01 2002

Quoting Ray Alikhani (ralikhani@xetranetworks.com):

> Hello all,
>

> We are running IC 4.8.3 on RH 7.1. The catalog is the default foundation
> store template. The site is super fast until you click checkout. Thereis
> a 15 sec delay until it processes the request. The catalog is using
> mysql for the database. We recreated another catalog without mysql and
> we do not have this problem. Does anybody have any ideas???

This just means you have no (or a slow) internet connection out.
The default system uses WWW lookup for shipping via UPS.

To temporarily stop this, do in mysql:

	mysql> update country set shipmodes = '' where code = 'US';

Then when you decide what ship modes you want for the US,
set it back to the appropriate modes.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill